To buy the right E-Bike for a recreational purpose, it is important to pay attention to a number of points, such as:
• Frame height: If you want to make a big ride, you will be sitting on the bike for a while. The right frame size is essential for a comfortable ride. If you sit on a bike that is too big or too small, sooner or later problems will arise. A good dealer knows exactly how to calculate the height of the frame. So good advice is important.
• The location of the motor: front, center or rear?
• Weight: If you have limited space, can’t lift heavy loads or want to transport the bike regularly with a bike rack, it’s best to take a smaller or lighter model.
• Battery capacity: If you want to cycle longer distances, choose an e-bike with a large battery capacity. For shorter distances you can save money by choosing an e-bike with a smaller battery capacity.
• Note: The manufacturers of an e-bike indicate how far you should be able to go with a full battery. Keep in mind that this is determined under ideal conditions. So, few negative factors that affect the range. Usually, it is lower.
Do not forget to think of panniers. In many cases you still want to take something with you, and you don’t always want to cycle with a backpack.